ORCID is a nonprofit organization helping create a world in which all who participate in research, scholarship and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations, across disciplines, borders, and time.
Your ORCID number provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.
To get an ORCID ID, Go to https://orcid.org/
- Click Register Now! In Step 1
- Enter your info:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Select visibility setting
- Select notifications
- Use your ORCID to help build your Professional Brand:
- add information to your profile and build your professional "brand"
- use your ORCID ID to promote and communicate your body of scholarly work to other researchers
- add your ORCID to your email signature or web page