Henderson Library’s Special Collections was founded in the 1970s. Housed within the collection are personal papers, organizational records, photographs, serial and monograph publications, audiovisual materials, and artifacts documenting the history of Bulloch County, the Southeast Georgia region, and Georgia Southern University's Statesboro campus. Special Collections has materials documenting the Civil War, World War II, southern railroads, early businesses, and local genealogy. Popular collections include the Delma Presley Collection of South Georgia Culture, Bulloch County Historical Society Collection, Charles Holmes Herty papers, Leodel Coleman papers, and the Lucile Hodges Collection.
Lane Library’s special collections includes the archives of the Armstrong Campus and the Florence Powell Minis Room Collection. The campus archives documents Armstrong’s history and served as a resource for Janet Stone’s scholarly history, From the Mansion to the University: A History of Armstrong Atlantic State University 1935-2010. Endowed by the Minis family of Savannah, the Minis Room houses books about Savannah and the Coastal region, including works by Savannah authors. The Special Collection are open for research by appointment and we are always happy to introduce students to these collections, which include Alumni donations and feature student work.